Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- ATTENTION: If you speak English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call: 1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- OBBAVJEŠTENJE: Ako govorite srpsko-hrvatski, usluge jezičke pomoći dostupne su vam besplatno. Nazovite:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: Telefon za osobe sa oštećenim govorom ili sluhom: 711
- ATTENZIONE: In caso la lingua parlata sia l’italiano, sono disponibili servizi di assistenza linguistica gratuiti. Chiamare il numero:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните:1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-5329-683-778 TTY: 711 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
- PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa: 1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele: 1-5329-683-778 or TTY: 711
- УВАГА! Якщо ви розмовляєте українською мовою, ви можете звернутися до безкоштовної служби мовної підтримки. Телефонуйте за номером: 1-5329-683-778 (телетайп: 711 TTY).
- เรียน: ถ้าคุณพูดภาษาไทยคุณสามารถใช้บริการช่วยเหลือทางภาษาได้ฟรี โทร: 1-5329-683-778 TTY: 711
- PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa:1-5329-683-778 TTY: 711
- AANDACHT: Als u nederlands spreekt, kunt u gratis gebruikmaken van de taalkundige diensten. Bel: 1-5329-683-778 TTY: 711
- KUMBUKA: Ikiwa unazungumza Kiswahili, unaweza kupata, huduma za lugha, bila malipo. Piga simu: 1-5329-683-778 TTY: 711
SCA observes and respects a patient’s rights and responsibilities without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, religion, culture, physical or mental disability, personal values or belief systems.
You have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful and dignified care and respect for personal values, beliefs and preferences.
- Access to treatment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, creed/religion, sex, age, mental disability, or physical disability. Any treatment determinations based on a person’s physical status or diagnosis will be made on the basis of medical evidence and treatment capability.
- Respect of personal privacy.
- Receive care in a safe and secure environment.
- Exercise your rights without being subjected to discrimination or reprisal.
- Know the identity of persons providing care, treatment or services and, upon request, be informed of the credentials of healthcare providers and, if applicable, the lack of malpractice coverage.
- Expect the center to disclose, when applicable, physician financial interests or ownership in the center.
- Receive assistance when requesting a change in primary or specialty physicians or dentists if other qualified physicians or dentists are available.
- Receive information about health status, diagnosis, the expected prognosis and expected outcomes of care, in terms that can be understood, before a treatment or a procedure is performed.
- Receive information about unanticipated outcomes of care.
- Receive information from the physician about any proposed treatment or procedure as needed in order to give or withhold informed consent.
- Participate in decisions about the care, treatment or services planned and to refuse care, treatment or services, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Be informed, or when appropriate, your representative be informed (as allowed under state law) of your rights in advance of furnishing or discontinuing patient care whenever possible.
- Receive information in a manner tailored to your level of understanding, including provision of interpretative assistance or assistive devices.
- Have family be involved in care, treatment, or services decisions to the extent permitted by you or your surrogate decision maker, in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Appropriate assessment and management of pain, information about pain, pain relief measures and participation in pain management decisions.
- Give or withhold informed consent to produce or use recordings, film, or other images for purposes other than care, and to request cessation of production of the recordings, films or other images at any time.
- Be informed of and permit or refuse any human experimentation or other research/educational projects affecting care or treatment.
- Confidentiality of all information pertaining to care and stay in the center, including medical records and, except as required by law, the right to approve or refuse the release of your medical records.
- Access to and/or copies of your medical records within a reasonable time frame and the ability to request amendments to your medical records.
- Obtain information on disclosures of health information within a reasonable time frame.
- Have an advance directive, such as a living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare, and be informed as to the center’s policy regarding advance directives/living will. Expect the center to provide the state’s official advance directive form if requested and where applicable.
- Obtain information concerning fees for services rendered and the center’s payment policies.
- Be free from restraints of any form that are not medically necessary or are used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience or retaliation by staff.
- Expect the center to establish a process for prompt resolution of patients’ grievances and to inform each patient whom to contact to file a grievance. Grievances/complaints and suggestions regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished may be expressed at any time. Grievances may be lodged with the state agency directly using the contact information provided below.
You are responsible for:
- Being considerate of other patients and personnel and for assisting in the control of noise, smoking and other distractions.
- Respecting the property of others and the center.
- Identifying any patient safety concerns.
- Observing prescribed rules of the center during your stay and treatment.
- Providing a responsible adult to transport you home from the center and remain with you for 24 hours if required by your provider.
- Reporting whether you clearly understand the planned course of treatment and what is expected of you and asking questions when you do not understand your care, treatment, or service or what you are expected to do.
- Keeping appointments and, when unable to do so for any reason, notifying the center and physician.
- Providing caregivers with the most accurate and complete information regarding present complaints, past illnesses and hospitalizations, medications, unexpected changes in your condition or any other patient health matters.
- Promptly fulfilling your financial obligations to the center, including charges not covered by insurance.
- Payment to center for copies of the medical records you may request.
- Informing your providers about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other advance directive that could affect your care.
You may contact the following entities to express any concerns, complaints or grievances you may have:
19110 Darvin Drive, Mokena, IL 60448
Attn: William Bell, Deputy Director
Illinois Department Of Public Health
Office of Health Care Regulation (OHCR)
Division of Hospitals And Ambulatory Care
535 West Jefferson Street 5th Floor
Springfield, IL 62761
Office of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman:
Link to Medicare Ombudsman website